Suppose every day your bank kindly deposited £86,400 into your account, just after the stroke of midnight.
However, there are some stipulations to this lavish gesture;
- Everything you don’t spend that day will be wiped clean just before midnight, and the balance will return to £86,400 the following morning.
- You may only spend the money; no transferring it to high-interest savings account or drawing out cash.
- Lastly, the bank withholds the right to withdraw the gesture any time it sees fit.
Pause for a brief moment to think about this scenario.
Ask yourself some reflecting questions…
- What would you do with the money knowing the rules?
- Would you buy everything you could for yourself, your family and friends because you know it is getting replaced tomorrow?
- At what point, knowing this could stop any day would you start to invest the money in your future and your education?
- Would you try to spend every last penny since the balance is to be wiped at the end of the day?
- Would you rise the very minute after the stroke of midnight and begin the colossal task of spending, knowing it’s a tall order to get this spent in 24-hours (of course, you would).
Who can honestly say that they would not use every opportunity to use every single last penny of the £86,400 that has been generously gifted to you that day?
Well, this 86,400 is a gift we are all blessed with each day we are lucky enough to wake.
The gift isn’t money. However, IT’S TIME.
Each morning just after the stroke of midnight, we are ALL blessed with 86,400 seconds to achieve exactly what it is we want on that day. As we head off to bed this time is not credited, but rather the time we have not used is lost forever, and each day it all begins again, but just like the bank withholding their right, this can be taken away at any time.
When you look at your life and assess what you can achieve in a given day, imagine what you can achieve in a month, a year, ten years. But time is continually counting down. Scientific studies show, time and time again that the longer we leave something, the further it slips away from us.
Time is a gift.
86400 ticks of the clock each day, how many of them matter to you? What will you do with your 86,400s today?
Let us know in the comments below how your spending your time today.